Message from headteacher
Mama Ngina Primary School is located in the shababs of Nakuru municipality. The town is located North west of Nairobi at the heart of the great Rift valley. It lies within latitude of 10’ and 0 degrees 20’ South and longitude 36 degrees and 36 degrees 10’East at 1859 meters above see level.
The school was started in1958 under the colonial government. It was by then known as Nakuru west primary school. The school was initially a government Asian school. The head teacher was an Asian by the name J.M Amin.
Menengai high school was originated from this school at around 1960. Other schools in the municipality at the time included Euroean Primary school, Lake Nakuru Primary school and Lugard Primary school, which is today known as Moi Primary school.
The school had a population of three hundred and sixty pupils and eight teachers,Its education need catered for the Asian child(Pre independence Kenya.) In standard one to four three vernacular medium was Punjabi and Gujarati. From standard 5 to 7 English was the medium of communication with Gujarat,Hindi and Urdu as vernaculars.
The school had one wing of seven classrooms, an open assembly hall which was used as an auditorium two ablution blocks for girls and boys, administration block, Principal quarters and three African staff quarters.All buidings had been complete by April 1958.There was also a kindergarten classroom. These building were all permanent.
After independent the became a public school under the new African government. It was in 1974 that the school changed its name from Nakuru west to Mama Ngina Primary School.
It was named after the Firsts president wife Mama Ngina Kenyatta.